Saturday, August 30, 2014

A thank you to friends ...

I am so blessed to have friends that clearly care about me.  My friend Kelli came over Tuesday afternoon when I was really falling apart.  She has similar health issues and is struggling as well.  When we get together we always enjoy each others' company.  We end up laughing at stories from growing up or stories of things that recently happened.  We talk about our families, and she brought me a coffee :-)  The following day a good friend of mine Chad came to visit.  Chad was kind enough to pay for one of my prescriptions (it was under 10.00), and treat me to dinner.  We had some really serious conversations about life and religion.  Chad offered to spend the night, which was great for me.  We watched the Daily Show, The Colbert Report, and @Midnight.  Thankfully I have a guest room with bed - so spending the night is comfortable for my guests.  We had breakfast the following morning, and then I took Chad to Lititz for something he had to do there.  Sadly for me, Chad is leaving this Thursday for a trip to Europe.  He is walking this trail that goes across Spain.  It is a life changing experience to make this trip as it is hundreds of miles.  I am happy for him that he wants to take this life changing step in his life.  I wish I had the courage to just pack up and go.  My brother Kris has been calling me to keep me posted on his computer issues, which of course serves as a distraction.  My neighbor Becky, came over this morning and took Mick for a walk.  My friend Ashley is coming later today to talk over a cup of coffee.  My friend Katie texted me Weds. night to make sure I was ok.  She reminded me in a phone conversation that I am now apart of their family, and if I need anything I should call them.  I would be remiss if I did not mention my friends who read this blog and commented on my Facebook page.  I have recently rediscovered friends from high school who have really been so supportive I am humbled.  Though we are about an hour or so away from each other, through the use of social media i.e. Facebook, we have managed to rekindle friendships lost after graduation.  It's funny, I never really felt very liked in my high school.  Maybe it was me that kept people at arms length, but I am grateful that as we all become Seniors - we are now supporting each other through this maze called life.

Many thanks to all of you that have been so supportive during this dark time in my life.  The good thing about dark times, is that if you can hang on, the Light is not far away.  This why the color guard I teach and direct is called The Light - we try to bring light to those that watch us as well as to those that perform with us.

Humbly and respectfully

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment