Sunday, August 3, 2014

Random Thoughts - Posted on FB back in 2009 - just thought I would post here



25 Random Things

January 28, 2009 at 11:39am
1. I am a DQaholic ... man can live by blizzard alone

2. I am a sugarwafferaholic ... see above ... man can live on these two food items alone.

3. Did I mention coffee?

4. I enjoy peace and quiet and time to reflect

5. My favorite color has always been blue ... but I dabble now with green and yellow ... interesting that together ... they make blue ... see you can learn something from Jr. High art class.

6. I love watching many sports especially basketball and am a huge Tarheel fan!

7. I genuinely enjoy teaching and the vast majority of the students I have taught over the years

8. Color guard makes me happy

9. As i have grown older I have wanted to give back more and more

10. Food is not that important to me ... it is something we need ... but I only enjoy food when I share it with friends and family.

11. I loved Pussers ... but Lu has stolen my heart

12. I like to feel appreciated and needed ... but don't most of us?

13. One of my favorite vacations ever was to San Francisco a few summers ago. I road around town on the back of a motorcycle, went to tons of movies, ate at some great places, hiked on Angel Island and RELAXED!

14. Memorable goose bump moment. Invessco Field in Denver, Colorado coming out of a tunnel while the Casper Troopers drum corps was playing Aaron Copland music and the sun was breaking through the clouds with its rays streaming down and the Rockies in the background ... It was a moving experience which brought tears.

15. Winning the indoor championship a view years ago with L-S ... they gave me the gold medal I had always wanted. Loved those girls!

16. My excitement when I was awarded the Sr. Boys State Twirling Title. I had always dreamed of being a State champion ... winning National and Worlds was the icing on the cake!

17. The friendships with Jim and Rick ... I have known both almost half my life now. I have other very special friends and you all know who you are ... but those two guys have been in my life for what seems to be forever through good times and bad.

18. That I actually took time to do this ... but I see it as being somewhat cathartic

19. The time I spend talking to my students ... the trust that they so willingly give to me. I am richer because they have left me into their lives, if only for a brief time.

20. I love to read, but seldom have the time ... I look forward to the summers when I do have the time

21. The beach is an oasis for me. I would love to live on the water or close enough to hear the tides ... it centers me and brings me back to reality. I loved eating breakfast on the beach when I lived in Texas. Take the car and the breakfast ... get out the chair and relax ... that was glorious

22. I love art ... in most of its forms and love art done by my students ... I have a good deal of it in my home.

23. I rarely drink alcohol. When I moved I received a ton of wine from friends ... it is rare when I open a bottle for myself ... I bought Cider in the fall and still have a half a case ... I am just not a drinker

24. I love to entertain and have friends over, but seldom do it because of my schedule.

25. I think my parents would have been proud of my accomplishments ... I hope so

No comments:

Post a Comment