Saturday, August 2, 2014

Dogs and their gastrointestinal problems

I love my dog and as you read this blog - you will discover how much I love my dog.  This morning may have not been the morning I loved my dog quite so much.  It began at 5 AM on a Saturday Morning.  My little fellow put his paws on my bed and sniffed me until I drug myself out of bed.  I might add, that it is not light outside at 5 AM so I had to carry the flashlight with me to pick up any presents Mick dropped.  Now my flashlight is not a small flashlight - it is about 8 - 10 inches long ( my flashlight is not a euphemism for apart of my anatomy BTW) it is more of a beat you in the head - club type flashlight.  It is so heavy it pulls my pants down as I walk.  So we walked.  Upon our return - he was fed, the cat was fed (yes I have one of those too), and then I crawled back into bed.  A few hours later I finally got up to make breakfast.  I am an incredibly dull eater.  I tend to eat the same thing everyday until I positively can't stand it anymore and then switch.  As I finished making my breakfast, I went upstairs to use the bathroom.  While in the bathroom, I heard Mick making odd noises.  Getting to the bottom of the stairs I realized what those noises were - he was gagging and had thrown up all of his breakfast, and the bile in his belly along with the water he had recently consumed.  The food was on the entryway carpet, the bile on the wood floor.  Another 6 inches and he would have hit the linoleum floor making clean up a breeze - but NOOOOooooooooo - So before I had a chance to enjoy my breakfast along with my first cup of copy - I was cleaning up the contents of his stomach.  Normally I would have qualified his stomach with the word little as he is a little dog, but the amount of vomit I had to clean up was not little - it rivaled anytime I personally had found myself praying to the porcelain god.  I gave Mick a half of a Pepcid to settle his tummy.

Now the mess was cleaned up, and my hands were washed, it was time to enjoy breakfast.  As I finished breakfast, Mick started to get worked up to go outside.  We went out and took a walk only for him to leave a really messy gooey present on the neighbors lawn. Thankfully the mess cleaned up easily and we completed our walk.  So this is how my day started - thankfully it does not start like this everyday but whew the days it does!




Here is my little buddy taking a selfie and I am photo bombing him!

No comments:

Post a Comment