Saturday, August 9, 2014

Waiting for Cabbage to cook - or random thoughts about Mick and LU

So I am waiting for cabbage to soften up so I can go to this Class of 76 impromptu  class reunion at Cheryl's - While I am waiting my dog Mick - suddenly gets this massive burst of energy and wants to play fetch.  This has not happened in weeks so it was quite funny.  It is funnier when I throw the toy, and he can't find it.  He seems to think he has the routine down to a science, and then I go and switch it up on him.  Watching him run in circles trying to find his toy is hilarious with his little tail looking like a surrender flag as he bounces around.  Of course the Queen of the house sits on her perch 'On High' watching her brother act like a numb-nuts.  Poor Mick with his declining years, it does not take long for him to peter out.  I can tell when the game is over, because he either takes or drops the toy and heads for his water fountain.  Once he gets a drink - play time has ceased and rest time begins.

Now LU on the other hand could be in a deep deep sleep, but when she hears me move the Eiffel Tower door stop to the basement (this keeps Mick from going to the basement to eat her food) she bounds off the sofa and takes 4 steps at a time down the steps.  She is not a petite pussy cat by any stretch of the imagination - some would say she is a tad plump - but when she hears me headed to the basement it only spells one thing (normally) for her - FOOD.  She either goes straight to her dish or to the center of the carpet.  On the carpet she does her "love dance" for food, flopping over on her back and sticking her legs straight up in the air - rolling around on her back suggesting she wants daddy to pet her.  This pet thing is a complete ruse as wants I start she almost immediately rolls in such a fashion as to dig her very sharp back claws into my very un-protected right hand.  She has me because I will then proceed to her dish and get her food ready.

Do my animals "work" me.  Sure - but who has animals that loves them that they don't let their animals work them???

No comments:

Post a Comment