Monday, August 4, 2014

Queen Sized Bed



I am such a bad father or it is really time for a queen size bed???  Last night Mickey seemed worried about the thunder storm, so against my better judgement, I permitted him to sleep in my bed. Once I jumped in bed and turned off the light, he moved from my feet to plant himself up against my side (were we spooning?).    It was not long after that LU jumped in bed and plastered herself on the opposite side of me. 

 Suffice to say I was locked in place by my loving pets. No rolling or shifting for me last night. Needless to say it was not a very satisfying 6 hours of sleep. I awoke and really needed to shift positions despite the fact that my loving pets were still plastered against me. I moved in one direction and then in another and suddenly ........... I rolled Mick right off the bed and onto the floor!! I believe this scared the poop out of him (not literally) and of course me too. Still groggy, I jumped up and began my profusion of apologies directed at my dog for pushing him out of bed and onto the floor.  LU of course lands on her feet so knocking her out of bed is less of a problem :-)
 My repayment seemed to be a very long walk this morning giving Mick the opportunity to mark an area of about a half mile.  Now this marking was in some cases real, but clearly by the end of the walk it was imaginary as his "tank" was clearly empty!   

Lesson learned on this day ... time to put the bed on the floor ... time to get a queen size bed ... time to keep everyone out of the "pool" at night. 

Side note - this was written in 2011 and it is now 2014.  The Queen size bed was purchased to allow all pets the opportunity to sleep in it without having the risk of being knocked onto the floor.  Mick, rarely sleeps in my bed anymore - only if he is not feeling well or he seems to need to be close that night.  LU, because she is closed out of the room all night so that I don't get heat stroke from her hot little body being pressed up against mine, often is only in bed with me for about 2 hours.  I can tolerate her for that long, otherwise she places her buddy in such a fashion and continues to inch over every time I move a way from her until she has all but pushed me out of my queen sized bed.  LU has learned the biggest lesson.  If you control your environment, you can get what you want and you can push your owner out of bed all the time.  LU is a smug pussy cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment